Enjoy some of the most popular places to visit in Columbia, West Columbia, and Lexington, South Carolina from the comfort of your own home. Check out these virtual tours:
- Riverbanks Zoo: Weekdays at 10 AM you can explore the zoo from home. On the Zoo’s Facebook page you can watch live features, inside peeks, “too-cute-to-handles” and an activity to do at home! Leisure Group Travel featured the zoo’s Z-Learning as part of their series on virtual tourism in America.
- Visit the Zoo website: https://www.riverbanks.org/
- Read the Leisure Group Travel article: https://leisuregrouptravel.com/7-american-cities-where-virtual-tourism-is-thriving/
- Historic Columbia: Love history? Then you will love the online tours of Columbia and Richland County neighborhoods and districts. From the Civil War sites and the African American Heritage tour to the State House monuments and Jewish Heritage sites, learn more about the rich history of the Midlands of South Carolina. Visit the website: https://www.historiccolumbia.org/tours/online-tours
- South Carolina State House: Take a 3D Virtual Tour of the SC State House and View the Gallery of Photos. https://www.knowitall.org/lets-go-take-3d-virtual-tour-sc-state-house-and-view-gallery-photos
- South Carolina Governor’s Mansion: This Mansion has been home to more than 30 governors and their families throughout the years. It also houses many treasures inside. Silver and china, furniture, paintings and documents, items available for viewing in the public areas and that remain permanently in the Mansion. Get a peek inside this magnificent home: http://www.scgovernorsmansion.org/mansion/virtualtour.cfm
- South Carolina State Museum: Scheduled tours of the exhibits in the museum are available each week. You can view quilts from the museum collection, check out the Apollo 50 exhibit, or even join in a virtual live star gazing event. Visit the website to see a full schedule of tours and events: http://scmuseum.org/e-learning-museum-resources/