We hope to create a one-stop shop for information about fishing Lake Murray. Our resource will continue to be updated so bookmark this page and save it in your favorites.
FISH IN LAKE MURRAY
Some of the fish you will find:
- Largemouth Bass
- Striped Bass
- White Bass
- White perch
- Catfish (channel, white and
several species of bullhead)
- Redear sunfish
Here are the basic requirements for a fishing license
- A state issued identification document
- Social security number or alien identification number
- Proof of residency with your unexpired State of South Carolina Driver’s license or Identification Card
- Military personnel and their dependents stationed in SC for 30 days or longer, or who are domiciled in this state, are eligible for resident privileges. Valid military identification must be presented when applying
- Read full requirements on the SCDNR website
Ready to experience the best fishing on Lake Murray? The following list has USCG approved legal guides is the perfect start!
Disclaimer: Always ask for credential verification. Lake Murray Currents does not hold any connection with the guides and is providing this directory list for informational purposes only
|Michael Murphy||Largemouth Bass||Website
|Buddy Bouknight||Striped Bass||Website
|Terry Caulder||Striped Bass||Website
|Ronnie Faircloth||Striped Bass|
|Kevin Fulmer||Striped Bass|
|Mike Gault||Striped Bass|
|Mike Glover||Striped Bass||Website
|Dale Gosset||Striped Bass||Website
|Danny Kimble||Striped Bass|
|Kevin Morse||Striped Bass|
LAKE MURRAY SPECIFIC REGULATIONS
- NO largemouth bass less than 14 inches in total length.
- It is unlawful to possess more than 5 striped bass a day (
On Lake Murray and the middle reach of the Saluda River ).
- June 1 – September 30, it is unlawful to take, attempt to take, or possess more than 5 striped bass a day.
- October 1 – May 31, it is unlawful to possess a striped bass less than 21 inches in total length. From June 1st to September 30th there is no minimum length ( On Lake Murray and the middle reach of the Saluda River).
- Allowable Nongame Devices (visit SCNDR website)
PUBLIC BOAT RAMPS
- Rocky Point – concrete boat ramp; picnic facilities
- Hilton – concrete boat ramp, shoreline fishing; pier fishing; restrooms; picnic facilities; swimming
- Larry Koon – concrete boat ramps; shoreline fishing; restrooms; picnic facilities
- SCE&G public landing (Shull Landing) – concrete boat ramp
- Lake Murray Dam (Irmo) – concrete ramp; shoreline fishing, pier fishing; restrooms, picnic facilities
- SCE&G #3 (Lake Murray Shores) – concrete boat ramp; shoreline fishing; picnic facilities
- Billy Dreher Island State Park – concrete boat ramps; shoreline fishing; restrooms; picnic facilities; swimming; primitive camping; RV hookups
- SCE&G #4 (Riverbend) –concrete boat ramp; shoreline fishing; pier fishing; restrooms; picnic facilities; swimming
- SCE&G public ramp (Lake
Murray Estates) – concrete boat ramp; shoreline fishing, pier fishing
- Higgin’s Bridge (SC 121) –concrete boat ramp (off map)
- Kempson’s Bridge (SC 395) – concrete boat ramp (off map)
- SCE&G public landing (Buffalo Creek) – concrete boat ramp; shoreline fishing; picnic facilities; swimming
- Download the full map of dock locations here
Bookmark this page for updates.