BY AMAYA THOMPSON
January 14, 2020
Six boat shows to check out this year:
- Charleston is a coastal town through and through, this year, The 39th Charleston Boat Show will be taking place. Each January, this show sets the tone for the remaining boating season. Not looking for a boat? How about a jet ski, yacht, cruiser or skiff? With the variety and budget friendly prices, anyone who enjoys their time on water will find what they are wanting. Join the hosts, JBM & Associates, January 24-26th from 12 to 6 at the Charleston Convention Center.
- “Cola Boat Show” is for outdoors people with an appetite. While you add every paddleboard, kayak and boat to your wish list, you can indulge yourself in food such as Daley’s Haitian and seafood, Big Kev’s BBQ and Dippin Dogs southern cuisine, and this is only a preview. Around 18 boat dealers are set to be present, giving you much to choose from. The fairgrounds will be holding the event this year, February 7-9th. Come with a hungry stomach and a “treat yourself” attitude. https://www.columbiaboatshow.com/about/
- To our Upstate friends, or those who love an excuse to visit Greenville, The Upstate South Carolina Boat Show will be kicking off January 23, 2020 and run until January 26, 2020. Wide arrays of boating accessories, including luxury Pontoons, will be on the table. The first three days are ongoing until 9pm, so make sure to stop in after errands, school or work. This year marks 50 years of this showcase, bring your family to come celebrate a long heritage of boating! https://upstatescboatshow.com/show-info/
- Myrtle Beach is also drawing in sportsmen. The 2020 Grand Strand Boat Expo is headed to South Carolina on January 10th-12th, in just a weeks time! What makes this event stand out is that the manufacturers, vendors and dealers will all be present at the same time and place, making a convenient browsing experience for you. Not only will you shop, but you can listen to seminars from experienced fishermen who will teaching how to better your skill. You won’t want to miss these three days. http://www.grandstrandboatandsportsmanexpo.com
- Charleston makes another appearance on our list with the “Charleston In-Water Boat Show”. Held at the Bristol Marina, attendees will enjoy on the water displays and demonstrations. What better way to see what these boats, skies and cruisers can do in action? The show dates are set for April 17th-19th, for more information on time and ticket admission see https://marinesource.com/boat_shows/show_details.cfm?showName=charleston_in_water_boat_show
- For two days, The Hilton Head Island Boat Show will be showcasing over 80 boats and watercraft, presenting demos and providing delicious food and drinks. Though it may only be open May 16th & 17th, a lot has been put into this day. Nautical themed prizes and giveaways have been arranged, so make sure you participate! Don’t hesitate to bring your children along; “The Kid Zone” is specifically designated to keep them entertained with snacks and music while you browse along. Volunteers are also needed, if you’d like to sign up go to http://hiltonheadislandboatshow.com.